Saturday, October 23, 2010

Marlene Perez Interview

Marlene Perez is the YA author of the DEAD IS series as well as Love in the corner pocket & The comeback. She has just released the fourth book in her series Dead is just a Rumor & has planned on releasing Dead is not an Option Summer 2011. Exciting!

CT: Can you give us a brief description of the ‘Dead Is’ series in your own words?
MP: The DEAD IS series is a teen paranormal mystery series set in the town of Nightshade, California and features the adventures of Daisy Giordano and her sisters, as well as a cast of normal and paranormal characters. The things that go bump in the night are your neighbors in Nightshade.

CT: What has been your inspiration to write the ‘Dead Is’ series and the title?
MP: I love urban fantasy, paranormal, and especially anything with vampires in it. When I was little, my older sister used to babysit me after school and she watched a supernatural soap opera called DARK SHADOWS. I also loved Anne Rice’s VAMPIRE LESTAT books and read every ghost story I could find as a kid. I also had a crush on a character from a book when I was growing up, Strider/Aragorn from LORD OF THE RINGS. When I saw Viggo Mortenson’s film portrayal, I sincerely thought he brought the character to life. He was exactly how I’d pictured him.

CT: Who is your favorite character from Nightshade?
MP: Daisy. I adore her. But I’m kind of fond of Ryan, too.
CT:What are some of your favorite books to read?
MP: I read pretty much every genre and if people are really interested, check out my goodreads list. It’s embarrassingly long, but will tell you what I’m reading. I’ve been reading a lot of research books lately.
CT:When you’re not busy writing, what do you like to do in your free time?
MP: I like to spend time with my family, go to the beach, read, and have coffee with my writing buddies.
CT: What advice would you give to Young Adults who desire to become authors themselves?
MP: Read widely and hone your craft.

CT: Anything else you would like to add….
MP: I love to hear from my readers! There’s a Welcome to Nightshade Facebook Community page and I’d love to see readers there!

CT: Thank you very much Marlene!

Links to Marlene:

http://members.cox.net/mardperez/
 And also look for NightShade on Facebook!!

1 comment:

  1. my gf loves this series, im sure she'll be excited to hear this

    ReplyDelete