Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baby, you make me SMILE!

Today was just LONG! I am amazed to be sitting here plugged away on my laptop still this late at night. When I woke up this morning I was sure I was going to have an early night. Well here I am still wide awake, thanks to the coffee I consumed, homework is calling but my attention is distracted by everything and anything that is NOT homework.
I just finished looking over the books I bought my young ones today. I love shopping for children's books. They are so simple and so wonderful, colorful and the illustrations are immaculate. The stories are always action packed, with nice heart warming morals at the end. SMILE!



So this particular book is accompanied by a 3 song CD of Judy Collins performing 'Over the Rainbow'  The book has very attractive pictures and beautiful colors, nice sample from the cover art.
After settling down from the rain,
and getting cozy in PJs, what more perfect story to read.


'When all the world is a hopeless jumble and the raindrops tumble all around,
Heaven opens up a magic lane...'


They just melted right into their covers. Snuggled deep into the corners of their bunk beds they really enjoyed this book, and I really enjoyed reading it.
The second book I bought was Jeff Foxworthy's 'Silly Street' Which we will read tomorrow night. The illustrations are hilarious, colorful and eye catching.



You know the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' ? I wonder how many people are guilty of putting a book back on the shelf because the cover art was just so-so or not really appealing. I am very guilty! I always look for a nice looking cover, and then I analyze the title, once I make it past those two I will read the summary. I have tried to break this bad habbit, but like cigarrete smoke it clings to me, I find myself doing it over and over. So many good stories I am passing up because of my ludacris obsession with the pictures. Sigh.

You know what I am reminded of just now? The amazing 'Chicken soup for the Soul' books. Oh I used to love readng those touching stories. I bought my Mother the 'Chicken soup for a Mother's Soul' this past year for Mother's Day, she loved it! Now I am just waiting for her to finish so I can take a longer peek at the book. Hehehehe!
Well my caffeine intake is depleting and weariness is setting in,
maybe sleep is in the near future so perhaps it is time to call it a night.

Goodnight blog